SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

So I don't have a new fridge after all

I had found a fridge at the outlet store that was just what I hoped for: 30" width, 21 cf, French door, bottom freezer, stainless. A floor model with a few hardly noticeable scratches, and with the discounts I was saving over $850 from the retail full price! So I treated myself to a shiny new, larger fridge, that I hadn't planned on (I was shopping for a dishwasher, which I also got).

Well, they tried to deliver it today; I asked the delivery team if they would take off the doors (I was thinking of how to get it through the kitchen door) but no, they felt that they didn't need to do that. What they did need to do, though was remove the front and screen doors, remove the screen door closing mechanism, and even remove a piece of the trim.... and after all that, they scratched the front so badly when trying to maneuver it through, they themselves said "We have to take it back". Oh, and, "we should have taken off the doors."

So, it turns out, there are no more of this model available anywhere at even close to the price -- even checking nationwide at the outlet store's website.

I may be able to find a 30" single door, but now I will probably just wait and nurse my disappointment.

Come to think of it, even with the doors off it might not have made it through the kitchen doorway without removing some trim.

Comments (13)