SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shkish_gw

Aqua & White Kitchen, moved in!

shkish
11 years ago

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but with moving in, settling in and raising a baby and a 4 year old, it just got put on the back burner!

Our new home is finally complete! Here is our kitchen. Now, it's not perfect for everyone, but it suits me just fine :) We took our past experiences with what we've lived with in the last 3 homes and married with what I thought I wanted from gleaning through GW and magazines (and kitchen standards from NKBA). Some of it works exactly like I hoped, other things I'm still warming up to.

For budget reasons, I did an extensive amount of leg work to get everything I wanted! By searching online and locally for the best deals, coupons, free shipping, etc. I got almost everything to stay reasonably at our budget. I did have to let go of 2 major items, but they can be added later. First, the backsplash, a relatively do-able thing to add ourselves. (I originally wanted Oceanside Glass Tile's 1x2 rectangular shaped stained glass tile in iridescent white.) Second was the built-in china cabinet/buffet/bar in dining area. The niche is there waiting and for now our old beat-up vintage cabinet lives there... not what i'd envisioned, but working enough for now. And as it turns out, I've decided it's a good thing that it will be added later as I want to totally redesign the unit and get it priced by a local custom cabinet maker.

Paint: (all SW brand paint but colors are below)

walls in Kitchen - SW Sea Salt SW6204

walls in all other public areas - BM Natural Wicker OC-1

all trim - BM White Dove OC-17

Floors:

4" Red Oak with a mix of 3 parts Natural & 1 part Antique Brown stains (sorry don't know company name). Floor guy also tinted one of the top coats a bit to make finish a tad bit darker, so that formula is only partially correct.

Cabinets:

Cheaha Cabinets, painted Pinhoti door style in company's standard "Pure White" throughout home except on kitchen Island which is SW Rainwashed SW6211

Countertops:

3cm Cararra marble, honed, eased edge

Hardware:

knobs - Martha Stewart Living @ Home Depot 1 1/4" polished nickel "Finial Knobs"

Pulls - Martha Stewart Living @ Home Depot "3.75" Country pull" in polished nickel

pull-out trash bin - rev-a-shelf

interior doors - "Commonwealth" levers by Kwikset in Iron Black

Appliances:

Range - LG Studio 30" electric LSE3092ST

hood - Broan EW58 (with chimney extension FXNE58SS)

Microwave - LG LMV1813ST

Frige - LG LFX31925ST

Dishwasher - LDF6920ST

undermount Sink, main - Ticor S1205

undermount Sink, island - Ticor S815

faucet, main - Delta Leland in Chrome 978-DST

faucet, island - Delta Leland bar/prep in Chrome 9978-DST

soap dispenser @ main sink - target blue glass

garbage disposals @ each sink

air switch with countertop buttons @ each sink - ordered through Galaxy Tool Supply

Lights:

School house pendants & semi-flush mount in Pewter by Savoy House through LightingDirect.com

4" mini recessed cans

Mariestad 6 light chandelier by Ballard Design

under cabinet LED dim-able lights - InspiredLED.com (custom kit, AWESOME customer service)

Random:

the "Tiny Kitchen" - designed by me, built by my dad, delivered by Santa

Child's easel - Land of Nod, honey finish

thru-wall dog door - trimmed out by our contractor to match our home, energy efficient locking unit by Freedom Pet Pass. (I highly recommend them!)

Also, we will be adding stools when we can afford them. Some of our images show two black stools, we borrowed those for a home pilgrimage we participated in. I have since decided that I definitely want white stools! What I'm holding out for is Crate and Barrel's "Vienna" stool or Design Within Reach's "Era Counter Stool" each in white.

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure there will be more questions and I'm happy to answer!

FYI these 1st 3 pictures are fancy pics taken and digitally stitched by my husband with the computer (no clue how, that's his deal). Those pics were taken right before we had an open house on the local Spring Pilgrimage. The last 3 pics are from today, very much lived in and REAL. So it's why you see the booster seats, my daughter's easel, art supplies, the tiny kitchen, dog food and the dog door open...

Comments (26)