SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Flooring help from billv or other tile experts please

remodelfla
15 years ago

Running around in circles over flooring choice. We haven't even picked our architect yet ... how's that for putting the cart before the horse! BUT... I've considered cork, laminate, and now back to tile. I pretty much have free rein with this whole house remodel but DH has made only one request... he wants a floor that doesn't need to be refinished or coated/resealed ever. That pretty much narrows the field. I love (and currently have tile) and it functionally works the best in South Florida. However... I hate hate hate dealing with grout. In our current home (former owner put down) it looks like cr@#. SO... if I went with a large porcelain tile, 1/16 grout line, and had an installer use epoxy grout; would that satisfy both our needs? I'm thinking 20x20 in a running board pattern. I'd like a transitional/contemporay look, informal, in a taupey-beige slighty varied stone look color that would hide dirt/sand, be little dog friendly (little dogs have accidents), easy maintance, and blend with earthy nutmeg, cream, gray, and blue colors. Any suggestions as to best brand or where to start looking? I'm only going to do this one last time and want to get it right. The flooring will be for our entire living area which will be completely open. I'm willing to put $$ into the flooring since I won't ever change it. Please advise.

Comments (8)