SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruth_123

How would you use a 'bonus' 5'4' wall space?!

Ruth_123
11 years ago

Due to a set-back issue, we have had to change the plans to our kitchen extension, resulting in an additional 5'4" wall space beside the fridge.

We were planning on swapping our 42" fridge for a 48", which would still leave us with 4'10" of "bonus space" to play with.

My initial thoughts where to use a pantry closet here. Extra storage is always welcome, but we do have a pantry, so I'm not sure if we really, really need it.

I have recently been considering some sort of "breakfast area", possible something that could be closed away behind retractable doors. It could be quite useful to have a special area zoned for tea / coffee / breakfast / snack-making...?

I would really love from anyone who has decided to do something similar? How does that work for you? Would you recommend leaving the space open or having the ability to close it off behind cabinet doors...?

It's been very difficult to find inspiration photos of a "close-able" breakfast area. I wonder if that is for a reason!!! This is the closest thing that I could find (I would want the doors to retract fully though).

http://www.culshawbell.co.uk/completekitchenette.html

All advice gratefully received!!

Comments (7)