SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathec_gw

Should I lose the kitchen window? Part 2

kathec
13 years ago

I'm not sure what's going on, maybe I overloaded that thread with pictures, it won't let me post a reply. So see:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg060236209060.html?1

Thanks countrygirl217 for sharing your project. In my case I'm lucky that the outside of that wall is a wood composite siding, not brick, so repairing that siding should be fairly easy. Right now, the kitchen has one of those hideous single florescent fixtures. We're planning to go with a combo of recessed, island pendants and undercounter. I think this will make a huge impact on that room. This is a picture of the 2nd house I owned (I'm on #4).

This didn't have a window in the main kitchen either, but the sink was in the island.

I've never had sink up against a wall, always either looking into another room or a window. I admit it goes against the grain. But honestly, this is what I see:

I read a blog post on Kithchen Sync that the purpose of the window/sink combo was due to lack of electricity. The natural light was needed back in the day that we housewives spent all day in the kitchen cooking. Anyone with a wall facing sink want to chime in?

Kathe

Comments (10)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company