SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susied

Need the Supreme Court of Layouts

Susied3
11 years ago

That is what DH calls GW. Every time I *think* a decision has been made, he asks me if the Supreme Court has ruled. :)

I'm sure you have realized by now that I am very indecisive. And, the OCD is NOT helping.

DH has moved the oven wiring four times. Back and forth from one wall to another. He told me next time it stays. Needless to say, he is very frustrated with me. As I am with myself.

We are working on the baking/breakfast/snack/pantry area right now. The closed pantry is mostly finished. I am struggling with a few issues.

1)Do we want it partially open to the family room.

2)Does the Fridge work better on family room wall, and oven

on wall facing kitchen.

DH wants this done, as do I. The cabinet maker was supposed to come today for final measurements and I had to put it off because I wasn't sure. DD1 has her own opinion. She thinks it should be partially open for when we are all working because if it is closed off, she doesn't think we will use that area because we won't be able to converse openly.

What is wrong with me?

1st picture is from the last thread where it wss agreed that this layout would work. I have read, reread, studied everyone's comments on everything and I feel I should just go with this and forget it.

Here it is showing a partial opening like DD1 is thinking.

A 3D view:

And, as it stands, the fridge is on the back wall, however, I'm wondering if it may look/work better to move the fridge where the oven is located and the oven where the fridge is located. Or should it stay closed? It doesn't matter to me, I just want it to look and work right.

What do you think?

Update- I wrote this three days ago.

I hope the GW Supreme Court is not as confusing as the US Supreme Court. :)

As confusing as they are, this layout has confused me more.

Hope y'all can help!

Thanks

Comments (19)