SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avesmor_gw

Two questions about cabinet plan (pics)

avesmor
13 years ago

I just got the specs from our cabinet maker. He added a very small upper to the left of the window at the end of the kitchen, thinking we'd want it to hold an undercab light. A tiny little cabinet there "floating" on the wall looks kind of odd, but the light is a valid benefit. Would it look even more odd to have no cabinet there? What could I do with it if I kept it? It's only 11.5" wide. Dishwasher detergent holder? Cabinet for DD's stuff? (She'll be 2 in Oct) :)

Also, I've never had really functional drawers in a kitchen, just the standard drawer/door combo. I know full drawer lowers are popular here. We went with one full drawer set, and a 2-drawer set under the cooktop (in perimeter) and the island has two sets of deep drawers as well as a double trash bin pullout (and a few doors as well, it's a big island). I'm already scratching my head about what to put in all of them (pots, pans... dinnerware...and?) Do you guys keep food in your drawers? (that sounds bad... meaning like, caninsters? Packaged items?)

Here is the little cabinet, to the left:

And here it is (yellow) in the context of the kitchen:

Comments (8)