SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmalm53_gw

Approved Templates on Granite Slabs - Pics!

lmalm53
15 years ago

Yesterday we placed our templates on the granite slabs and approved them for processing. We have one large area of stone left over to serve as insurance against any breakage mishaps during install. I am starting to envision the look of the installed pieces now and am thinking we will love it when done!

This is the current state of my kitchen in midst of remodel.

Placing the templates on the slabs:

This will be the placement for the cooktop island and the kitchen desk area:

Top template is for the kitchen sink countertop. Bottom left is the adjoining corner piece that goes under the appliance garage and then turns the corner to the long countertop by the ovens. Bottom right is the template for the wet bar in the Great Room area next to the kitchen:

This template is for the long countertop next to the ovens. The remaining granite on this slab is for potential replacement use during fabrication:

Between the fluorescent lights in the granite warehouse and my camera flash, the color of the stone is a little "off" but it does go well with my cabinets. We just got undercabinet low voltage lighting installed yesterday and the backsplash tile has been ordered. Granite should be ready for install in 2 weeks! Things are starting to come together!

The granite is called El Dorado, from Brazil I believe.

Comments (7)