SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njmomesq

Size of Pendant to Scale of Island - Is this pendant too big?

njmomesq
11 years ago

Hi All-

So, we are down to the final decision for our renovation....the kitchen pendant. I posted previously with some pics of our kitchen and got some great advice/ideas. My kitchen island is 85" x 36" and we are having 2 pendants installed. We don't want it to be too bulky or the focal point of the room. On the other hand, we don't want them to be too tiny and get lost.

Pendant lighting is the one area of the kitchen that I had NO CLUE about what I wanted. However, a lighting salesman suggested that I do an oil rubbed bronze pendant to highlight the dark wood look floor tile and with some glass. She said that we could do a maximum of 12" diameter. However, my husband thinks that 8" is ideal.

I am leaning towards this 10" Wilmette pendant. I love the ORB and the prismiatic lighting. Do you think it would be too bulky for my space? Any other suggestions?

(I created a post with a good pic of my space but for some reason it did not post. I can't post pics from this computer but there are some pics of my room in a prior posting...)

Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: sedgwick pendant

Comments (5)