SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
synlight_gw

My NEW and improved kitchen design!

Synlight
11 years ago

I posted my other choices yesterday, and got some great feedback. We went back to the design center yesterday, and I changed some things. I am IN LOVE with my new design. Every time I look at the pictures, I smile. I think that tells me I did the right thing. When I looked at the other pictures, I would worry I chose the wrong things. The lady at the DC said she knew I would be back, LOL, that she could tell I liked contemporary stuff, and the cabinets I had chosen were more warm and homey. I also would get stumped when I tried to think about paint color, and accessories.

With the new design, I see a million possibilities!! I'm so excited! SO, we changed the cabinets from red to a gorgeous espresso chocolate color. They are still 42" maple with crown.

We made some budget sacrifices to upgrade to silestone counter tops, in a pretty white (can't remember the name). The floor is the light gray vinyl. The bathrooms will have the same cabinets and flooring, but the counter tops are the cream marble-y stuff. We DID end up getting the island in the kitchen, but we added prewires for 3 pendant lights above it. We will also have recessed lighting. We decided that we wanted the island. If we hate it, we will rip it out when we put down new floors in a year, and put some wheels on it, or use it somewhere else (dining room?).

I have a friend that is a custom trim carpenter, and he said he could help us with it if we decide to get rid of it.

Anyway, I am super duper happy with our new choices!

Comments (7)