SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

So what *is* an acceptable countertop distance from the wall?

aliris19
12 years ago

We just had a thread on this! And then I noticed that my new countertop is 5/8" from one wall. Isn't that deeper than a tiled backsplash would be? I suppose one could use mud to pull it out, but won't that die into the wall in a funny way?

Grump.

I really don't want to go back to the countertop guys! Do I have to???? Though I guess there is also that drawer that isn't opening.... sigh.

Can anyone reassure me that this is an easily deal-able with glitch? Ideas? Strategies? And opinions just for the record as to what acceptable distance from the wall would be helpful. It was noted on this other recent thread that the measurement ought to be so tight as to potentially need notching right into the drywall. Then a professional stonecutter, I think, mentioned 3/8" as maximum. I have actually lost that thread even though it was just yesterday I saw it, I think. Geesh.

OK .... it was kitchenkrazed's thread ... and then it was Odiegirl's I was remembering.

I guess the answer is just epoxy. They can do this I'm sure -- they've used enough of it already! :(

Thoughts, sympathies, suggestions all happily lapped up here.

Thanks.

Comments (2)