SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathec_gw

DH nixed the turquoise blue island, he wants gray...

kathec
12 years ago

I had the final color samples painted on some old doors leaning up against the new wall color and DH made that face, you know which one I mean. Despite talking for months about the color, and slapping the swatches on various surfaces, he finally notices it and decides he doesn't like it. He thinks it'll look too kitsch-y with our yellow 1950's stove. I can see his point, kinda.

So he suggested gray...brown, I believe he means taupe. I don't know. I like gray, but I'd rather do something bolder, more charcoal or medium gray.

Our wall color is up, it's a light sandy neutral called Autunn Haze. It's a Glidden color, matched in another brand. It has a slight green undertone, similar to BM Crown Point Sand. The cabinets are a warm white with yellow undertones, closest match would be BM Marscarpone.

I guess what I'm hoping for is some inspiration. A color jumping off point, point me in a direction, something. It took me weeks to get samples and finally decide the first time around. Now I don't have the luxury of time, plus, I've been working my backside off everyday. The drywallers finished the walls and painted, so I've been busy trying to get the cabs painted so DH and I can install by this weekend, so I can get the electrician in next week to get power to the kitchen.

Urgh. Can you tell I'm freaking out a bit?

Sorry, I just had to vent a bit. Thank you for that.

Kathe

Comments (33)