SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susatl

Kitchen remodel and dilemma about 36 inch cooktop

susatl
13 years ago

Hi All,

I am going to remodel my kitchen and currently have a 30 inch cooktop but badly want a 36 inch. I do not want to change the layout as I do want to mess with the hardwood floors.

In my current design I have a 12 inch wall cabinet, a 30 inch cabinet and a 15 inch wall cabinet. Next to the 15 inch wall cabinet I have a 6 inch gap showing and a window next to it.

At the bottom I have a 36 inch lazy susan, a 30 inch cabinet under the cooktop and then a 21 inch cabinet. Then I have the sink cabinet in the corner.

In the new design the cabinet installer said we can move everything 6 inch to the right. Basically have a 12 inch wall to the left of the 36 inch cabinet and then a 12 inch wall to the right. At the bottom I will have the 36 inch lazy susan, then 36 inch cooktop then a 15 inch cabinet then the corner sink cabinet. As such the distance between the cooktop and sink will be only 15 inches. Is that bad?

If I do not do that and rather make the wall cabinet to the left of the cooktop 9 inch, then I can move everything 3 inch to the left.. Bsically 9 wall, 36, then 12 wall at the top. At the bottom 33 lazysusan, 36 cooktop and 18 wide next to it then I will have a decent space between the cooktop and sink.But I am not sure how a 9 inch wall cabinet will look next to a 36 inch cabinet..

Can I please get some suggestions as which would be a better option, or if I should just forget about the 36 inch cooktop.

i would truly apprciate the feedback. Hope i am making sense in my explaination.

Unfortunately I do not know how to post a picture, I will keep trying and if I can will post a picture.

Comments (4)