SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerzeegirl_gw

Is it time to demo this kitchen?

jerzeegirl
11 years ago

I really like my old kitchen. It has a great work triangle. The cabinets, which were built in place 27 years ago, are still solid and in relatively good condition. I probably would not think of remodel except the original appliances desperately need replacing, the countertop has seen better days, and the soffits must go. The 48" pantry is nice but things tend to get pushed to the back and lost. Although the floor is in excellent condition, it's dated. Also any refrigerator I buy will be larger than the one I currently have so that upper cabinet and end panel will need to be modified.

For the sake of the environment I would rather try to make improvements to what I have rather than have it end up in a landfill, but I think it's probably a lost cause and I need to think about replacing this kitchen.

Nevertheless, please take a look at my pictures and let me know whether you vote for demo-ing it and getting a new one or trying to improve on what is already there. Any creative ideas about what to do with the space would be much appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures

Comments (26)