SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Help with deciding on a kitchen window for Counter Height

2LittleFishies
12 years ago

I want to do a counter height window so we are changing to a taller (4') window. I am concerned there may not be enough room if we don't do a bump out although this pic of gglks looks great... I don't know how deep the sink is. We're doing the 36" Kohler Whitehaven apron front.

Others do a bump out of 6-8"

erikahnh:

I don't want to do a bay b/c that's really more depth than I need and we're doing one in the dining area.

My other thought was a 10 degree bow. ***Would a bow and a bay be too much?***

Andersen has a 6' bow with 3 panels.

The depth of the middle section is 5 and 9/16" deep which may be just enough for some extra room. **Would this option end up less expensive than building a bumpout? I will talk to GC but like to gather info first.

Here is my current plan but there are some changes not shown that i'll explain below:

The window on the bottom left is the bay in the dining area and the one on the bottom right is the kitchen. Actually the present plan is that the kitchen window is now taller (4'). It consists of a 3' clear (no grilles) picture window with 1.5' casements (with colonial grilles) on either side. I thought have 6' of windows with grilles was too much. i wanted something more "clear" but since the other windows in the house have colonial grilles I can't change them much. The bay will also be clear in the middle with the windows on the side having grilles...

Any suggestions?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!