SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrshanson1

HELP! cant decide on countertops for espresso & creme kitchen

mrshanson1
12 years ago

Ok..I'm posting this in the middle of the night, because I cant sleep. I'm so afraid of making a wrong choice here. Please help.

I have a new kitchen- total gut job. Cabinets are being delivered today (wednesday), and I went to pick a slab yesterday. My cabinets are maple with espresso finish, and also with a creme-colored island. My floors are a natural colored "wood-like" porcelain tile (which just got installed and I love).

I really want marble, but with 2 small boys, I have to forget about it. Therefore, I wanted a light colored stone. I went with DH to choose slabs (who knows little), and he likes the busier stones. I wanted something peaceful. We eventually decided between 2 stones- Kashmir ville and Delicatus creme granite. The Kashmir ville was much calmer. The Delicatus creme granite was more lighter than darker, with less crazy splotches than other ones I've seen here posted. Still...I am unsure....

NOW, HERE IS MY BIG PROBLEM- Now I am thinking that I want quartz, and the light colored new ones from Cambria....the ones that they have that look like marble. Am I going crazy?

My lighting is white and modern looking fixtures... I just think in a dark and light room, I prefer something light and airy... But I still think I'm going crazy....

please help....

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH