SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosema12

tile under cabinets and our GC!! vent!

rosema12
15 years ago

Ok for all that have done and are doing cabinets, we put in a brand new ceramic tile file. Everything is almost done and our cabinets were a few weeks delayed they called us two weeks ago and said they should be here by Monday May 4th ready to go onTues. WE have told our GC to have the kitchen done (he's working on a complete home remodel, new floors, new room additiona nd bathroom) so he knew this and said it would be. he got all the tiles done over a week ago and he had this complete week to finish up the touch up work, painting and a strip of tiles against the wall. I even told him again they'd be here Tues and his remark was "I'll believe it when i see it". All week it sat, as they worked on the bathroom tiles. I came home one night and said the only thing he has done is the bathroom which yes is al ot of work. I spoke w/ him and he assured me it'd be all done.

Ok my question is the tile against the wall that our fridge, countertops, pantry etc will be covering he did half scrap pieces there and didn't completely tile the area, just half of it.. I will have to figure out how to post a picture.. So Dh came home is livid as our cabinets are to be here Tues and he is like no way will our fridge roll over that and i wanted it done right.. So he is upset and I am more upset as our cabinet people called and said they could start tomm w/ installation and now we had to delay them because of this GC screw up. I told my DH our cabinet people must think we are jokers as we've been calling them for the last month wanting our cabinets thinking we were ready but instead my GC decided to focus on the bathroom so he could get out of here (he's been focusing on his other projects and in and out over here w/ 1 or 2 guys working on our house instead of a full crew)

anyways we are disgusted we for sure had plenty of time to get this kitchen ready for tomm but my GC decided to focus on three things at once instead of just having the kitchen done and ready. He was great to deal w/ in the beginning told us everything would be quick now he's giving us every excuse in the book and that it is our fault why certains things are the way they are.. (we had a major delay due our inspector by no fault of anyones just very picky)

so anyways did you all completely tile to the wall or not and will this be a problem? My husband has taken 2 days off for work, toldt he cabinets not to come tomm as he wants the tiles done right and says now they have to be pulled out and redone.. our GC barely gets his hands dirty evern thouugh the job before us he said he tiled etc.

help!

Comments (5)