SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wkate640

Cabinet questions--where or where not to put glass

wkate640
13 years ago

I've learned so much from gw, and we're just about ready to start building our home. I've planned where almost everything will go thanks to the uber planners here who have shared their ideas, and particularly Buehl. I have a couple of questions, though, and Boxerpups may be able to help with her fabulous selection of photos. The 15" upper cabs or cubbies, whichever we choose, will be used for display only. They will be lighted with puck lights. I'm thinking if we have glass doors there will be very little space for displays to be seen although I love that look. The glass in the doors will be 8" square and the stiles are 2.5". If we go with cubbies, they'll be the same wood as the rest of the kitchen. Perimeter cabs will be light and island will be dark. I'd love to have opinions and/or photos to help me visualize one or the other. I've looked at kitchen books until my eyes water. I'm also thinking of breaking up all the solid wood with an obsure/frosted/reeded glass door above the appliance garage. I've posted pix of both options. Opinions? Disregard my poor drawing of drawers in the island. I was just playing and I'm by no means an artist! Rest of house is very open.

Comment (1)