SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

update on my sad saga...

melissastar
12 years ago

Well, the home improvement commission investigator came and saw. He agrees it's a mess and thinks I've got a good chance of getting the RTSOG (rotten theiving sack of garbage) GC to cave in mediation because if he doesn't, the commission will likely go after him for several violations of the state home improvement law. Problem is, I don't think the RTSOG has any $ he can give me to get it fixed and I certainly don't trust them to do it themselves.

Another GC came, inspected and gave me a detailed estimate to fix and finish everything...roughly $20,000...about 25% of the original contract. Unbelieveable. The cabinet maker who made the only good cabinets in the room (6 of them in QS oak in two weeks to make sure I met my financing deadline) says it would be cheaper and easier for him to simply rip out all the cabinets the GC and his guy made and start fresh. It's tempting.

Meanwhile, the "file" from the commission has been sent to the mediation center to see if we can work something out. Since the mediation center is associated with the state university law school, we have to wait till the next semester begins in June.

Meanwhile, my drawers still don't close, my cabinets still lack doors and and my expensive Hafele magic corner unit sits forlornly in the basesment waiting to be installed.

Big sigh.

Comments (7)