SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missamelia_gw

New to Gardenweb and need some help

MissAmelia
9 years ago

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself and hopefully get some advice on my on-going kitchen reno.(I apologize if this is not proper) I have been following for a while and am just frazzled at the moment and can�t seem to make decisions.
My husband and I bought our first house in 2012 and here are a few pictures of the kitchen (from the previous owner)- We had very shiny yellow oak cabinets with laminate sides, white formica counters with a rounded yellow oak edge, a hodgepodge of appliances, a resirculating vent micro that didn�t really work and a strange pass-through to our step down den that is about 4/5 ft high on the den side

We decided to open the wall between out living room and kitchen to be able to get the more opened feel that we wanted as well as taking the (non-practical) eating area out, adding more cabinets and a breakfast bar into the livingroom. After working with our KD we found a set up that worked for us. This is what we chose

The cabinets (and wood hood) we chose were by Cuisines Laurier in style Matisse Flat Panel, in icemilk with a glaze as well as dark brown- both matte finish. They also have a 4-piece architectural crown and a lower add-on moulding.
The BS we chose is beveled arabesque in white (so beautiful, but a lot of problems�still on going weeks later and a main cause of my frazzled-ness)
Sink- Alfi AB3018deco white farm sink
Faucet- Kohler bellera in ORB with matching soap pump
Appliances- Kitchen Aid architect series: 30inch electric convection wall oven, 24 inch micro w/ 27 inch trim kit, architect dishwasher, and architect 30 inch gas convection slide in (?)- The one without the back plate that sits in the counter oven, a Kenmore Refrigerator (replaced it about 4 months before reno when it dies and got the only one that fit in the old space-not replacing it) and the vent hood insert is by Prestige. All the appliances are white.
Barstools- Frontgate- Danbury wingback stools in the Mahogany/caramel studded leather
Coutners- Typhoon bordoux granite
Floors- 8x8 terricotta (runs through the foyer, halls and kitchen-keeping it)

Right now we are halfway through week two of the renovations and it is going quicker than expected and I have to make some decisions and truth be told I am over-whelmed, I would really appreciate some opinions.
1- I need to choose glass for the 2 accent cabinets, the choices are seeded or fluted- My husband, his family and mine all said fluted� I am the odd man out and say seeded because I am worried that the flutted will look to busy

2- The terracotta has been the bane of my existence (don�t get me wrong I love it and decided to keep it) but first took forever to find coubter stone that went and now the painter wants the wall color choice. What the heck color do I paint the walls! My husband says im just burnt and over thinking it.

3- This valance went in, it was too thick (deep)� they brought it back 3 inches and it looks Much better. In person it doesn�t block the 2 high hats just "shades" them. My husband and I feel like the valance needs to be lit, but where do the lights go? Centered? Centered over the sink? Don�t need them? Picture is before the valance was moved back some.

4- Does anyone do I side splash anymore, I was going to put one by the tall pantry cabinet to finish the run, and the tile guy looked at me like im nuts!?! ( maybe I am)

I APOLOGIZE that this is so long and picture filled, but I am losing it and all the people around me are looking like im crazy. Thank you in advance.

Comments (14)