SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pseudochef

Backsplash help...due date approaching can't get out to shop

pseudochef
11 years ago

Hi everyone, so far our kitchen remodel is going great! The contractors have been hard at work so that we can have as quick a turn around as possible with the remodel. My kitchen guy says the granite will be installed as soon as next Wed. and let's just say that after next week I could literally have my baby at any point. So I'm looking for some backsplash help. I love subway tiles but I'd like something over my cooktop a little more exciting. I've looked at the Gramercy line from Walker Zanger and thought it was quite nice. I'm not a super fan of travertine for my backsplash as it's not really my style but I'm open to all suggestions.

My cabinets are from Shiloh Cabinets and they're the homestead door (Shaker like) in Spice Maple, no glaze.

My floor is Daltile San Michele Crema and we LOVE it so far!.

The rest of our kitchen has lower paneling that will be painted Moody Blue from Sherwin Williams (a darker blue) and the walls above will be painted Liveable Green from Sherwin Williams. The Moody Blue seems to exactly match the bluish speckles in our granite and my husband just likes green :) The rest of the trim is Dover white and my sink is silgranit biscuit. My next post will show the granite slab. It's not the best picture of it, but it's a nice soothing stone. We don't want to highlight the orangey streaks.

So far I'm thinking creamish subway tiles with something above the cooktop but I'm not sure what that would be above the cooktop. When you walk in our kitchen the first thing you'll see on the back wall is that area above the cooktop so I'd love for it to be something special. I I love birds and florals, kind of soft and feminine.

Since I have to be around the house to make sure everything is going ok with the remodel and also because I'm just physically not as able to get out as much right now I can't do much shopping. And then after the baby comes school gets out and the other 4 kids come home so I obviously won't be doing a lot of shopping then either so I really would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance.

Comments (15)