SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susied

I'm BAACK, and need your thoughts!

Susied3
12 years ago

Well, last we met was back in November. The layout was pretty set in concrete and we were ready to move on.

Then life took a HUGE setback, and I am just now able to get interested in the process and get moving again. :( Quickly, I'm sure you're wondering what that setback was, so let me tell you but I promise not to hijack the Kitchen Forum with my heartache. We lost my nephew on Christmas day to a very freak accident. He was 23, and believe me, when I say nephew, it doesn't give the description justice for he was more a son to me than a nephew. My heart is still not in it, but, it has to be done, and I just want to get it over with.

In March, we had to replace our heat pump, and I had it moved to the attic to free up the space it was taking downstairs. So, this becomes a kitchen question because the room adjacent to the kitchen can be larger.

DH wants me to be sure that I don't want to use that room as part of the kitchen, move the pantry back there is what he suggested. Oh, let me explain why. We had cabinet guys come out and give estimates. BOTH commented on where I have the refrigerated located, the space on the wall they think will be very "cave like", and suggested increasing the pantry size and putting the freezer in it.

Also, the way we live, as a lot of you know, (But I see a lot of NEW people here) is with our large family and grandchildren. I was originally going to make the room behind my bedroom an office area, my space. DH reminded me that with four extra bedrooms, any one of them could be "my space" and he doesn't want me to regret not utilizing this area if I could use it differently for family space. He thinks making it a large pantry would be ideal, with freezer, bev center, even keep microwave, toaster and whatever else in there. I'm going to post what we have on the final layout and then the floor space and see what you all think. He even suggested that since I've always wanted a fireplace in my kitchen, I could put a small one over where the pantry is NOW with a small sitting area for family or kids while I'm cooking.

OK, I know I'm the problem child, this remodel is going to go down as the LONGEST on GW, but, I promise not to be too bad! If the eyes of the wise think it's best as is, I'm telling the cabinet guy to get it done and make that cave!

Thanks for your patience! I HOPE there are some oldies on here who remember all my dilemmas and can straighten me out!

Am I CRAZY??

Current plan:

Floor Space;

Comments (13)