SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rdsso

Another laundry room ? Washer & Dryer in a closet

rdsso
14 years ago

I have a laundry room next to my small dining room at the end of my kitchen and I would like to expand my dining room so I can have a larger table. I would like to take the wall out between the dining room and laundry room and this would expand my dining room 2 to 3 feet if I use half my laundry room and build a pony wall. If I move the washer and dryer and do away with the laundry room for part of the dining room I would gain 6 feet. If I use half of the laundry room I can either have DH build a small closet like area and get a stackable washer and dryer. My other option is to move the washer and dryer maybe down the hallway by the bedrooms. I would lose some closet space in the hall closet but would gain more dining room space.

The wall I want to remove is the wall with the chalk board.

On the other side of the chalkboard wall on the right is the washer and dryer with a small window in between them and then if you got though the door from my dining room through the laundry room to the garage. You can see the garage door in the pic. To the left of the laundry room is a closet pantry. Will this look odd walking in from the garage into the dining room? I hope this was not too confusing. Please show me pics of you dining rooms near the garage door and pics of washer and dryer in a closet

Thanks

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH