SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathrugg

Slightly OT/Stereo Speaker Help

cathrugg
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I searched the home entertainment board but it seems really slow over there so I am hoping one of you can help!

Our house isn't wired for surround sound in each room but it's what I want! Now that I am in the pre-Christmas spirit, I want to play my Christmas carols while decorating without having to blast the stereo from the family room to decorate the living room.

We have a cool wireless speaker from Brookstone that we can use indoors or out by plugging it's transmitter into our stereo and then plugging the unit into an outlet (or using batteries)wherever we want it that works so great but to use it, it shuts off the music in the room where it's coming from. I attached a link to it below.

Does anyone know of a similar type of speaker set up that doesn't have to be hard wired? I don't really want wireless battery operated for obvious reasons.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

p.s. Anyone interested in an outdoor speaker like this one, I highly recommend it. We got it for a gift from my brother and it's the best solution to not having outdoor "real" speakers. Everyone who comes to our house is very impressed with the quality of sound from this one speaker.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brookstone Speaker

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES