SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polkadots_gw

Attn: Tobacco Road users/others, I need to repaint

polkadots
16 years ago

Hi all. I know several of you have used Tobacco Road and shared your beautiful pictures (kmcg, mimi, lauraa). I went ahead and put Tobacco Road in my Great Room and LOVE it. I works great with my fireplace and stained trim. Thanks for the suggestion, it is a color I would never have found if it weren't for this forum. I will say it turns a bit green at night, but it's okay - I wish it would stay the daylight color all the time.

Anyway, problem comes in with my foyer. I sampled Plantation Beige for that and it looked totally green all the time. I even took the sample back to SW to make sure they mixed it right! I didn't go with it because of this. For some reason I decided to go with BM Monroe Bisque, and I really dislike it up againt the Tobacco Road. They just don't go. So I'm thinking of redoing the foyer/hallways since I am a perfectionist and its always going to bug me. Plus, I've worked so hard on all the changes I don't want this one paint color to ruin it all (of course its the biggest area, two-stories, all the hallways that have to be repainted). Finally, my question. Do you think Tobacco Road will be too dark in a foyer/hallways? I am afraid to go with PB because of how the sample looked. I have looked at the next one up Millet, but it is pretty light. Lighter may work well up against the other colors I have (TR, BM Olive Branch, BM Dry Sage). This color will also be in the hallways that lead to our bedrooms. I know most of you went lighter in your foyer areas so I am just a little nervous about it being too dark with the TB - I can't mess this up again!

Here are a few pics before the new paint. The flower picture is gone now and my rug with red, green, black, and tan is missing.

Here's a pic that show the height of the ceiling and the awful candelier that I am looking for a replacement for.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm