SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanka_gw

Colors for a house my sis is buying?Starting from scratch! (pics)

susanka
13 years ago

My sister and brother-in-law are buying this house to remodel and live in. It needs complete renovation inside and out really. The roof is good and they will keep that. The siding is aluminum; the old white paint has to be stripped off. First photo is the front,"view" side of the house and they'll be putting in a much larger window where you see the current one. Second is the back of the house. There will be more windows put in on the side in the second story also. I took the photo just after the sun went behind the mountains and everything looks kind of blue on my monitor, but IRL the scene is brighter.

What colors would you suggest for the body of the house and trim? She's wondering if tan or light brown with a dark blue trim would look good with the roof. I haven't learned to Photoshop; if any of you would like to do that, she'd appreciate it. (I'm posting instead of her because they're closing on their current house this week and are in the middle of packing and moving craziness.) I can see her new house from our house, so we're excited about the move after not living near each other for many years.

Thanks so much. The house is really a blank slate and ready for a lot of creativity.

Comments (5)