SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sable_ca

Help My Pitiful Bathroom...

sable_ca
16 years ago

OK, I'm coming here in desperation, because I know that you all may give me some detailed and well thought-out advice. Our master bathroom is a disaster and has been so since the day we bought our house, in 1988. In all that time I haven't been able to decide what to do with this room. Now we need to redo our master bedroom and the bathroom just has to be finally done. I don't have any pictures, but am hoping that this can be done without them, since you all would say "get rid of everything", which we're doing.

My problem is to have a pretty vanity and countertop that will not look overdesigned and pretentious alongside a drop-in acrylic corner shower and vinyl floor. We Must save money somewhere, and the shower is the place. The floor has to be vinyl, for the softness, as I have have "extensive" arthritis in my back (yes, I'm the one who has a covered toilet seat because of the back). It will be as close in appearance to a simple porcelain tile floor as possible, in a beige neutral. The shower and other fixtures will all be white.

The vanity will be about five and a half to six feet long, with two sinks, and will be the standard kind, to the floor. I am stymied as to its color, and the material and color of the counter. I love pine, walnut and maple, but am thinking of a painted or washed finish. For the countertop I do NOT want granite or anything else heavily patterned, nor ceramic tile. Am completely stuck as to color and material! The bedroom walls will either be a latte chocolate with a pink undertone or dark cream-ivory. Most of the fabrics and accent colors will be in teal, soft blue, pink, rose, and green, as I love to mix pastels in the MBR. This bathroom is mine, as DH uses the front bath, and I'd like it to be feminine but not icky-pooh, IYKWIM. The walls will probably match the bedroom, and the bathroom has a lot of natural light.

If I must post pictures I'll take a month off to learn how to do that, but am hoping that I gave enough details to garner some suggestions. The only unacceptable colors are red, gray, black and yellow.

TIA,

Sable

Comments (9)