SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fillagirl_gw

Too much glass? Side & Coffee Table in LR

fillagirl
10 years ago

Hello, I am in the process of redoing my LR. I have new sofa, new chairs, possible round side tables and possible coffee table. New drapes coming, need new lamps & art on each side of mirror.

My question: The side tables are wood with a mirrored insert on top (see pic) and the coffee table is all glass. I will have a large mirror over the sofa, as the focal point in the room. (Mirror has been darkened with glaze, pic is old)

Do you think the side tables and coffee table will "go together" or do you think there's too much glass/mirror and not enough solid wood surface?

Another question: I will get the side tables sprayed a dark charcoal or black, as the two have different finishes. What do you think of getting a piece of wood cut the size of insert and using the table with both: solid surface & mirrored surface? I really like these tables, esp. how the legs mimic the sofa angles, and haven't found something similar with a solid wood top.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Any and all suggestions and ideas most welcome.

Close up of side table

Thomasville Stiletto coffee table

Another idea, using 2 mirrors over side tables instead of large one over sofa...

Comments (13)