SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Me again! DR chandy - help! : )

10 years ago

The existing DR in the beachhouse has no overhead light. Since we will probably use this room a lot, for games as well as dining, we want to add a chandy. Here are some photos and a pretty rough rendering of the space. Furniture stays. As for the rug, I can take it or leave it.

{{!gwi}}

long shot (ps "dirt" on the wall is actually shadows of the chairs)
{{!gwi}}

floorplan (note table is actually bigger as it is less oval):
{{!gwi}}

However, one of my favorite views in the house isn't even of the ocean, but it is one of the walls of the DR,where the windows frame a lovely hydrangea bush. When you come in the front door and look right, you see this wall (below). So I want the chandy to be light and airy and not ruin this view. (or ruin the view in the other direction --- the windoseat wall looks out to the ocean, which I certainly don't want to obstruct, either)

{{!gwi}}

DH and I both loved loved this one, until we measured it. It is a behemoth. 60wx32wx24H. As light as it is, I think it is designed for very large rooms, eg great rooms.
{{!gwi}}

We also considered this, and I do like the oyster shells ... but the marsh grass feels a bit goofy.
{{!gwi}}

Any other ideas? I've looked at Circa, Urban electric, Charles Edwards, Layla Grace, all of Lowcountry Originals, Deco et Cie, SkinflintUK ... all my usual haunts for lighting.

Comments (35)