SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn237

Placement for this Mock Roman Shade, please vote

Lyban zone 4
9 years ago

Hi,
I was on here before with this problem and we have now progressed a bit.

I am trying to help out my daughter with this problem window for my granddaughters room. She is 4 years old and this room is very very small.
It was very hard to put a single bed in and have any kind of storage or dresser or anything.

She has now taken down the small wardrobe and put in a pax with mirrored doors along one wall up till where the entrance door is.

On the opposite wall she has put an Ikea daybed which she built in with cabinets from Ikea on either side.
It has solved lots of problems and she now has a single bed plus a good amount of storage.

Now to the problem window. As some might remember we originally tried drapes on this window but there was not enough room on either side to open them properly.

This window is very low on walls which are 8 feet High.
So we decided to do a roller shade for black out so the little one sleeps.
Then a Mock roman on top which will come just to the top of window so that all light is maximized.

Our problem is this, we made one and it looks funny to me, like something is off but I am not sure what.
I have included some photos
one is of the windows with curtains-which we cannot use
one is of the romans as they are today (the ones going right to the top of ceiling)
One is of the same roman ,photoshopped cut off at top, so showing only mounted a bit above window
and one that Errant posted some time ago that could be done going to the top but taking out one flap and having more straight fabric on the top tier.

Wow, I hope you are all following me.
Here are the photos

Comments (18)