SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
treasuretheday

What kind of window treatments would you use here?

treasuretheday
12 years ago

Hi,

By the time we're finished with our masterbath reno, daylight hours will be pretty short so I'd like to order my window treatments in time to have them installed as soon as we're ready for them.

We replaced side by side casement windows with a pair of double hungs so that we can open the tops for ventilation without giving up our privacy. I'll need to go with some treatment with a top down/bottom up feature. I have TD/BU cellular shades elsewhere in my house but I was hoping to do something a little more lux in this room. (Fabric and/or texture but nothing too drapey or impractical!) There will be raised ledges on either end of the tub with Tuscan columns.

We've chosen and purchased a Pottery Barn Clarissa chandelier:

Considering that the shades would be at 3/4 height most of the time, would it look best to use some type of valance or cornice over the top? Would you treat each window separately or use one valance over both of them?

Since I'd have to stand in my tub to operate the controls, I was thinking of using a motorized control, if possible. Am I correct that a motorized control could either work TD or BU but not both? If so, can you operate it manually in the other direction?

I appreciate any advice or suggestions you may have. I posted a separate thread for advice about what shade of paint to use in each area around my tub.

THANKS!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County