SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artsyfartsymom

help I'm looking for cabinet door make over idea's

artsyfartsymom
16 years ago

We just bought this 1964 brick ranch home...have the ugly kitchen that most homes tend to come with...lol...Wish I could post a pic for you, not that savey yet!! I'll give you the best discription I can...the cabinets are sort of custom...meaning I would never find the doors in the same sizes...the fronts are dark brown and have the grooves in them like the dreaded wall panelling from the 60'/70's? which covers the walls and attached dining room walls...thankfully the kind sellers painted white...I'm ok with that...lol..really I am!! LOL...It sort of goes cute with my 1940's metal enamel table that I refinished back to it's original...and it's very art deco/country looking...being white and bright red...I have since bought all red utencils, coffee maker, dish strainer, collanders, ect, ect. lol...hubbys standing his ground and says I CAN NOT paint the cabinets RED!! I lol...wanted to do like the old pie tin type fronts...WOW...pretty pricey!! I recently saw a show where they put 18 in. galvanized tin pannels in the doors...LOVED that look...cost factor comes into play again...does any one have a low cost idea on how I could do 19 doors and 5 drawer fronts? I would like to go with a little distressed look and antique white on the cub boards since the kitchen is dark and small...in a horse shoe style lay out...I'm artisic and prefer to do the work my self...but I feel like a writer with writers block!! HELP!! I need some creative influence!!

Comments (4)