SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
franksmom_2010

Richloom Solarium outdoor fabric dry clean only?

12 years ago

So, I've been browsing upholstry fabrics, and was looking into indoor/outdoor fabrics as a heavy duty, cat proof, sun proof option.

Joann's sells a Solarium fabric made by Richloom. It's 100% polyester, but the care label says "dry clean only do not use water." Huh? It's OUTDOOR fabric, but it can't get wet?

I did some searching on the internet, and found other sites selling Solarium (not the same pattern), and one of the major selling points seems to be that it can be wiped down with soap and water.

Thinking that maybe Joann's is selling some second rate line of Solarium or maybe the label is just a misprint, I called Richloom, who told me "You'll have to talk to Joann's about that."

What am I missing? I sew a lot, and I understand fabric care, so how can there be a 100% polyester OUTDOOR fabric that's dry clean only?

I'm annoyed, mostly because that fabric was very pretty, and the color and pattern was just what I was looking for, but if it can't be cleaned once it's installed on the furniture, it's not going to work.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths