SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett001

Toning paint down a notch - Montgomery White?? Other ideas??

Scarlett001
10 years ago

I posted about medium-depth orangey yellow pants. I've done huge tests of 3 paint colours on my vaulted ceiling wall. I now feel nervous putting such intense colour all over my house. I had been in the world of RH Butter, BM Straw (mixed at 75%) etc.

FYI my floors are hardwood, and I have a gorgeous very warm-toned rust-coloured couch, and kitchen floor is a gorgeous Tuscan-inspired orangey-pink tile. My previous paint colour choice was Ivoire which played HUGE green undertones in my house and looks awful with my colours in the rest of the house. Hence the repainting.

If I were to take things down a notch and head into slightly lighter colours but in the same kinds of shades (yellowy orange - not sure if I want to head into neutral whites), where would I start? What kinds of options in SW or BM is there for creamy light/pale yellows with orange undertones preferred - but with NO green undertones at all (my house plays up green undertones).

So far I've been staring at the BM colours:
- Montgomery White
- Rich Cream
- Filtered Sunlight (maybe too pastel yellow)
- Kansas Grain
- Subtle (perhaps it is too Subtle?)

Has anyone seen these colours? How do they show? Any other ideas of other colours for me to look at that would work with my house colours? I live in Canada so Ellen Kennon paints are not an option.

This post was edited by Scarlett001 on Wed, Oct 30, 13 at 11:23

Comments (11)