SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzyg215

2 finalist choices...please vote...pics inside

Suzy
12 years ago

which rug? pics show how they go w/the shades & bedding.

Comments (26)

• busybee3
    12 years ago

i would probably choose the one on the right in the very 1st pic (the one on the left in the 2nd pic!)
    i prefer the slightly darker blue and the 3 colors in the rug rather than just 2... the pattern isn't my absolute favorite but of the 2 i would probably choose it.
    they both 'work' though, imo...

• DLM2000-GW
    12 years ago

Both are beautiful, both work with the existing colors. I was favoring the kind of leaf pattern one - is that acanthus? until you put it next to the bed pillows. The colors are perfect but I'm not crazy about those 2 patterns together. Of course they won't BE together so maybe the solids that will separate them make it work I think it's a more interesting pattern than the trellis, but the trellis is classic and adaptable. No help at all, am I ??? !!!

• rmkitchen
    12 years ago

Given what I've seen of your (lovely) home and your aesthetics, I really think the trellis makes the best, most thorough sense for your bedroom. (I mean "thorough" in that it carries through the elegant, retrained design you've used throughout your home.)

• nanny2a
    12 years ago

They are both lovely choices, but the trellis is what first caught my eye as being the best for that room.

• gillylily
    12 years ago

I also like the trellis pattern best. Both are lovely rugs-

• ctlane
    12 years ago

Love both choices, but I vote for the trellis as well.

• ksoxgrl
    12 years ago

Beautiful room by the way and I too think that either rug would work but prefer the lighter blue trellis. Also, I love your paint color, is it a mauve or a chocolate color?

• Suzy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

ksoxgrl: the color is a brownish purple. called smoked oyster by BM. sometimes it looks totally brown and sometimes purple. it's interesting.

so funny everyone is picking the trellis. i was leaning toward the other one...seems like a warmer look.

• boysrus2
    12 years ago

I still like the trellis pattern in your room, so blue trellis.

• Olychick
    12 years ago

I think they are both beautiful and you won't go wrong either way. All along I've preferred the trellis and still do. One reason I might choose it over the other is that when you want to change out your bedding (someday) it seems the print might be more limiting. If you aren't worried about that then choose the one you love the most. It will look fabulous.

• ksoxgrl
    12 years ago

srg215, then go with the warmer one that you prefer, again either will look fantastic, so you can't go wrong, and thanks for sharing the wall color, it is very pretty! Good luck :)

• IdaClaire
    12 years ago

I initially preferred the acanthus, but now I think the trellis is my favorite. They are both so lovely, that it's hard to choose!

• dianalo
    12 years ago

I think the trellis is a little more sophisticated and serene. I would be worried if it were in a high traffic area, but your bedroom is the perfect application for it (and if that is a high traffic area, I don't want to know, lol).

• lascatx
    12 years ago

Want do you want to emphasize -- the blue color or the pattern in the shams? The trellis pulls out the blues while the acanthus accents the patterned shams. That may be why you see the pattern as warmer -- it has the brown and it doesn't pull out the blue as much -- and it may be the blue that feels cooler to you. Use the one that pulls out what you want accented.

• DiggingInTheDirt
    12 years ago

I prefer the trellis. The pattern of the other one is too similar to the pillows, and therefore doesn't work, in my opinion. When I look at the trellis, I feel calm, an emotional that is most welcome in the room in which I sleep. Both rugs are beautiful though. I can see why you chose them.

• arbpdl
    12 years ago

I personally prefer the busier one, but that's more due to the higher hide of the more busy pattern. I actually love that pattern, btw, can you tell me what the brand/pattern in? I'm getting ready to have a couple area rugs made and assuming that comes in other colors, would be perfect.

• pricklypearcactus
    12 years ago

Both are beautiful, but I'd go with the trellis to not compete with your bedding pattern. I also think trellis pattern is one of my favorite for a rug.

• Suzy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

ok everyone. thanks for weighing in! after about 100 times of leaving & re-entering the room, i can say with confidence that the trellis wins. will order it tomorrow. thanks for all your help!

• patty_cakes
    12 years ago

OOOOOOh, I was going to vote for the one w/more pattern, the one on the right(1st pic). Since your room doesn't have a lot of pattern, just thought it would be best, and also show less tracking. ;o)

• tfm1134
    12 years ago

I like the one on the right in the 1st pic

• homeagain
    12 years ago

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Be sure to post photos of the finished room!

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

well, of course I would have to say the trellis one, but that's only because of my arabesque obsession and that rug really reminds me of someone's backsplash...

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

well... I'm late to the party but was going to say trellis.

• stolenidentity
    12 years ago

I know I'm also late for the vote but I don't like the trellis rug at all - sorry. This is the fastest election gig I've ever seen LOL!

• tinycastles
    12 years ago

trellis. Definitely. Love the other, but it's almost too matchy matchy.

• les917
    12 years ago

Trellis - the other one is too much like the pillow shams, and down the road would limit other patterns you might want to add to your bedding or walls.