SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjam08

Help with new guest room....some fresh eyes needed!

jjam
9 years ago

I've been gathering attic furniture, CL stuff, and other homeless items into our daughter's former bedroom; now a guest room and place for her and her husband to stay.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a few projects and need some fresh eyes....

Here is the room now: (apologize for the poor lighting)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

So far, the room is painted EK Lichen. In the first photos it looks dark but is actually a soft green which adapts well to surroundings; looks cool or warm depending on what you put next to it. All other options are open, including painting furniture other than the bedside tables. DD wants roman shades on the windows. Here are the fabrics I have that could be used to cover the headboard, bedskirt, roman shades, and bench cushion. Pillows not the bed are from Target and can easily be returned.

Here are some closer shots of the pieces I have to work with:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

My initial thoughts are to use the print for the Roman Shades with the trim/tape. Then what for the bedskirt/headboard/shams/bench cushion? I have enough of each fabric to make any combination.

I haven't painted furniture in a long time but also know that the dark pieces aren't giving the room a fresh look that I would like. It's not a large space and just want it to be calm, soothing, and just a pleasant place to be!

Thanks in advance....I'm just OD-ing on decisions lately...WWYD?

Comments (19)