SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teeda

CL Dining Set: Help Me Decide

teeda
11 years ago

Hi,

I've been meaning to re-introduce myself--I used to participate a bit here several years ago. We have recently relocated and downsized, and are in the midst of a major remodel to a 60s brick ranch. The remodel includes keeping a smallish

dining room that opens to a step down living room that I plan to use as a sitting room/ library. I am replacing most of my furnishings (traditional/mahogany) and moving towards "casual elegance". I love Phoebe Howard, and am also drawn to lots of rooms on Cote de Texas (minus the crystal and fussiness). Anyhow, I've been looking for a round, pedestal dining room table that can be expanded with leaves and just found this on the local CL. It is Baker, refinished, and at $1,300 is a very good deal I think(6 chairs, 2 leaves). Does this read as formal to you, or could it work in a relaxed setting (I'm thinking linen skirted slipcovers on the chairs). Sorry I don't have any pictures of my spaces yet--the rooms are still under construction. Here's the table with 2 of the chairs:

Comments (7)