SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlyrkb

Cool Chairs from Craigslist

kimberlyrkb
15 years ago

I'm so excited! I've been looking for chairs to re-upholster, and I found two of these chairs on craigslist. Super comfortable, and just the right size for me. I bought them from a young couple for $20 each. They were getting rid of all the stuff they bought used to replace it with brand new furniture from IKEA.

So, I took the chairs to my 80-year old upholstery guy yesterday. He was all excited - he said they're great chairs and I couldn't get just ONE of them for less than a thousand bucks today. The down-filled cushion alone would be at least a hundred bucks to replace. When I told him I got them for $20 each, he told me I stole them! (Jokingly, of course!)

He said they will hold up beautifully, and we will be extremely happy with them in 20 years, although he was pretty sure he won't be around at that point to re-do them for us. :)

He is going to re-upholster them for about $400 each. What do you think of a navy, textured fabric? I think these chairs really need a pattern, but I hate to commit to a pattern when I like to change things out so frequently. Navy works in our color scheme, and would work in at least 2 of our rooms.

Comments (27)