SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Wood changing color & sale of home questions

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

I must make up my mind this week. I really want either Doussie, Amendoim or Brazilian Cherry Wood Engineered wood floors in my home but I have a home office with a lot of furniture and heavy file cabinets in the room. I fear that one day I will meet someone and sell my townhouse with it vacant and many areas on the floor in the room will be so much lighter. Will a buyer not want my home due to the lighter and darker areas of the wood flooring.

I asked this question on Google and have yet to find an answer so I am hoping some of you will reply and be honest with me.

Would it be better to install a realistic Laminate floor that is very pretty like the Bruce Park Avenue Makore that despite being laminate will be all the same color?

Would a buyer in a upscale neighborhood prefer to buy a townhouse with laminate floors that appear new or hardwood floors that need to be refinished due to many areas under my furniture being a different color?

I do not get much sunlight so maybe the floors will not get too dark. I fell in love with a Doussie today but I read that it will get much darker than I have seen.

Comments (23)