SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fussy_chicken

Dogs and leather furniture - more questions!

fussy_chicken
15 years ago

I just did a quick search and found a recent thread started by msrose about dogs and leather furniture. This is exactly what I was looking for. However, I think I need a little more hand holding because I don't think I'm quite ready to go shopping yet.

I want leather furniture for a bonus room where teenagers hang out along with our 80+ pound dog. The kids aren't even the concern. It's the dog. He's heavy and muscular. He doesn't get the world's best pedicures. And he is a big baby who LOVES to sleep on the sofa. Will leather really hold up to his rough treatment? While I don't mind babying the dog, I don't want to baby the furniture or constantly fret about it scratching.

Can anyone give me a little more info on how to determine the quality that is best for this kind of treatment? I've read somewhere that a lower grade leather is best? T/F? I'd also love to know names of brands or companies if anyone has something that they recommend.

I have a leather recliner that has been good, but I've had it for 12 years and the store went out of business. Not too sure where to start now. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida