SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quandary_gw

Window & Pillows for Kitchen window seat banquette

quandary
13 years ago

I have a 7' straight window seat banquette in my kitchen eating area. I am replacing the 4.5' wide x 5' high window which is centered behind the banquette. I don't plan to use any window treatment, because I want to maximize the sun coming through this north window. This window will be fixed (it won't open). Several friends have recommended that I just have unobstructed glass, but I am leaning toward grilles (6 divided lights) in the window. I'm afraid the plain window won't look homey. Our house is a 1960's ranch and is more traditional than contemporary.

I'm going to have winter and summer covers for the 4" banquette cushion, but I don't know how many and what size throw pillows to add. It is 7' long and 20" deep. I'll put a table and chairs up to the banquette, but we'll mostly sit in the chairs -- the banquette won't be used for daily seating. I do hope it will add color and softness to the kitchen, though.

My winter cushion will be a chenille, and I thought a couple of pillows of the same fabric might be mixed with some coordinating pillows.

I hope someone here can offer me some guidance. I'm not good at decorating.

Here is a link that might be useful: striped chenille for window seat

Comments (17)