SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Black or cream island?

User
9 years ago

I've been talking about this forever now. We're finally about ready to start this project and I'm excited. We pushed it back because of summer and also dealing with the produce from a large garden.

I'm thought I wanted a black island, very possibly distressed. Is that the way to go or cream? We'll be tearing the paneling off and adding bb to match the backsplash. I'll be filling in the grain before I paint.
Edited to add - I really like contrast and I don't think there's going to be enough if I use black. Can't really picture white/cream.

Details:
-ss appliances - GE Cafe - will be ordering next mo.
-The cabinets will be stained this color - GF Brown Mahogany.
Here's the color. I want the grain to still show.
{{!gwi}}

-Walls will be painted BM Shaker Beige.
-We're removing the section over the sink, adding a recessed can light, and replacing the cabinet crown with a slightly larger size.
-We're adding bb backsplash and that will be painted the wall color. We'll remove the countertop splash.
-We're tearing the paneling off the island and adding the same bb.
-What happens with the stools & corbels will depend on island color.
-Here are the new fabrics. The toile will be a valance over the sink and plaid will go on the chairs. They're hard to photograph and appear brighter here. They're mainly a rust/rusty rose color.
{{!gwi}}

-I'd like to change the lights out in the future, but they're fine for now.
-Art will change.

Kitchen
Counters and floors are brown with pink undertone. The table is beige with a pink undertone.
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Here are some visuals that hopefully help you help me.
Black/ distressed
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

White/cream
{{!gwi}}
This wall color looks closer to Shaker Beige.
{{!gwi}}

The electrician's coming next week, carpenter comes after that, then I stain, stain, stain.

I know I can always repaint it later, but I'd really rather not! I'm going to be done with projects for a while after this.

Thanks!

This post was edited by sheesharee on Fri, Sep 5, 14 at 0:19

Comments (19)