SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Some new to me, but OLD recent finds!

My3dogs ME zone 5A
12 years ago

Hi, everyone,

'lynninewmexico' opened the door for me to share some recent finds with you when she saw my old English pine cupboard in another post. I was very lucky recently to be able to barter some of my decor items and furniture that I wasn't using, plus a bit of cash for these three pieces from my favorite local shop here in Maine.

First is the English pine cupboard that Pam (shop owner) delivered to my house Wednesday. I fell in love when I saw this, and it replaced my two piece pine china cabinet in the DR. I spent some time Saturday filling it with things I shopped my house for. My blue and white transferware china is hidden in the bottom part behind the door, along with a lot of other stuff! I wanted to put some fallish things in it, despite the 80 degree temp and HUMIDITY!

Next is my English pine wash stand with Minton tiles. At the moment, it's in the DR, too!

Imagine my surprise when I saw the one in the link below on eBay Friday night. Believe me, her price was not even close to that, and I like mine better!

Last is the 'sea chest', which has a tag from an NY antique store in a drawer. I hope to put it in my office, but must move out a pine one that is here now, first. It's oak and very heavy. The first two pics are taken in the shop.

I didn't notice the 'VR' on the side til I got it home and in my garage, and assume it stands for Victoria Regina. It's not THAT old, and the painting on it is thought to have been done in the 30s - 40s. I love the chunky knobs on the drawers.

And when in the shop, I couldn't resist taking a pic of 'Edna', the shop cat. She had been admiring herself in this mirror! She is the greeter and makes herself very comfy wherever she chooses to. Edna was a stray that Pam fed, but she wouldn't come in the shop. After a few days of heavy rain, she decided she would and has been there for 5 years now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique English Furniture Solid Pine Wash Stand

Comments (36)