SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Help with pool tile selection

rockybird
9 years ago

I am demoing a newer pool because the plaster cracked and the coping is not up to quality. I have a new landscape design and I am pushing forward. The new pool surface will be a pebble sheen like product. I have to decide on a new pool tile. I do not want mosaic as that is difficult to clean. The house is very midcentury modern, and I'm trying to find something that is fitting. So far, I am stuck on a robin's egg blue, but I am wondering if I should use something less colorful. I was confident in this choice as the pool ctr. said it was used by an architect for a commercial pool, but the pics he sent arent this tile! They are a green long tile. The spa is tiled in a blue white mosaic. The water line tile should match this.

Here are pics of the demoed pool. It is 60 ft. long. The spa hovers over it. The spa may be wrapped in concrete with a stainless steel slot for water to pour out. The alternative is negative edge spa. There will be grass atthe part of the pool by the house and a professionally done sand blasted concrete patio and coping.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Robins egg blue tile (a little lighter than in pic) with surface color:

Tile needs to match mosiac that is in spa:

House from front for perspective (u shaped driveway is demoed; will become one way in and out (not pictured) and demoed area will become yard with concrete steps to entrance and patio).

Pool:

House by pool:

From inside (ugly pennisula removed- pool will be reframed as rectangle):

Hardscape:

Closeup of pool hardscape:

Comments (53)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions