SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbtrix

Been stuck for 3 months! Help me make lighting decisions!

bbtrix
9 years ago

I really need opinions from all of the talented people here to give me guidance. So many of you have wonderful taste and I cannot see the forest for the trees right now.
I’ve been staring at pendants, chandeliers, fans, and foyer lights for more months than I want to count. I’m basically stuck. DH has asked me to make a decision this week. My problem is I like too many and can’t quite decide the style that’s right for my space. We took down walls and created a large 24x24 open space for kitchen, dining, and living area. The front door and small foyer lead directly into the space and all the lighting is seen from the front door so it needs to coordinate. I have many finishes already going on in the space, and I’m not sure if I should stick to one finish for the lights or mix it up. I’m also wondering if I should go with light metal finishes or add contrast with dark. My style is rather eclectic; I have my Mom’s 77 year old mahogany piano, a few vintage pieces, hand-crafted cherry bookcases, black walnut island top, marble perimeter, and some abstract pieces that don’t necessarily have to stay. I have a goldish mirror that I would like to hang in the DR. I’m planning on a new dark, round dining table and comfy chairs. I like unique things, but I’m hoping the lighting and rugs with pull the space together. Rugs will come later as I’m training a Labrador pup.
I think I need to choose the island pendants first, then choose the others. I originally had wanted a seeded glass pendant but realized that I must have good task lighting. My island is roughly 8' x 4'. I’ll need two pendants at least 11” diameter. Please give your opinions on the examples I’m posting and feel free to be honest and offer other ideas.
Here are a few pics of my space.

Lights I’m considering:
Quoizel Emory 13.5” W, 100 watts, $260

Progress Fresnel 12 1/8” W, 100 watts, $215
l

Feiss Parker Place 13”W, two 60 watts, $374

Progress Lighting Chandelier

RH Chandelier

Some possibilities???

Can you share your thoughts on any of these combinations? Any other ideas?? I really need help to steer me in the right direction.

TIA.

Trix

Comments (32)