SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saypoint

shutter color for brick house

Saypoint zone 6 CT
11 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to repaint the shutters on my 1837 brick home. The last time we painted them, I went with a very dark green that basically looks black from a distance. Now that it's time to paint them again, I'm thinking of a lighter gray green, or grayed blue-green. These are a pain to paint, as they have moveable louvers, or at least they used to move, and are quite old and rickety. I'll be doing a lot of patching and repairs while they're off. I have a picture of the front from the last time they were taken off, and a picture of the dark green. Any suggestions for a soft color suitable for a historic home will be appreciated. Actually, I don't think the house would have had shutters when it was newer, and leaving them off might be an option as well. Also, there are two front doors because there used to be a wraparound porch added in the victorian era, which has been removed except for the two little side porches. Those tall windows used to be french doors, 5 of them! Must have been nice in summer. I currently have the doors painted that same as the shutters, but I think a different door color might be nice. Thanks.

Shutters off

{{!gwi}}

Green shutters

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)