SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

"Pale Sea Mist" paint color--any "softer" alternatives?

newenglandsara2
9 years ago

Hi All,

We are still in the height of picking paint colors: our painters started today! I have a bunch of colors picked so far: "Greenmount Silk" for the hallways, "Sea Salt" by Sherwin Williams for the kitchen and family room, "Heavenly Blue" for the dining room, "Ocean Air" for the master bath, "Lavender Mist" for my daughter's room and "Yarmouth Blue" for one of my son's bedrooms.

I like colors in these soft and "fresh" tones. I would love to find a green for our living room and master bath, but it has been tricky to find a shade that isn't too bright or too drab. I like "Pale Sea Mist" in some lights, but in certain lights it looks a bit too bright and lime-ish for the rest of the palette. I have tried "Pale Avocado," "Sweet Caroline," "Soothing Aloe," "Dune Grass" and "Rainforest Dew," but none are quite right. I am thinking about "Celery" from Sherwin Williams, but I can't tell if it is more yellow than green. Have others tried this color?

I welcome any other suggestions. I am hoping for that soothing and "light and airy" feel that the other colors on our list seem to offer, but I would love to vary it up with some green too.

Thank you so much!

Sara

Comments (22)