SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
squirrelheaven

Part 2 - Need help with countertop color for this kitchen please

squirrelheaven
16 years ago

Looks like we need some more space here! Maxed out on the other thread.

The trellis/deco splash came from another kitchen online. It's just tiles set on the diagonal. The lower splash came from a different kitchen. I tried a pattern like that around the perimeter early on and really liked the texture there. Still do, very much. I think they're little 1"x2" tumbled marble tiles laid horizontally, very nice. Could be done with 1" tiles too, but I really like the small brick-like shape, and close to the counter color.

There is light and dark hw very similar to the impressionistic ones I put in some of the other pics. I'm gathering the links for them. Both in knobs and pulls.

I'm just thinking an antiqued finish would tone down the lower hw and create more contrast on the uppers, when done in a light metal. I was thinking pewter because of how the stove color appears, but I'd think the brushed chrome faucet would work better than the brushed nickel.

I guess you could look at it two ways. A cooler metal seems to tie to your stove work area better -- meaning faucet and hw could go that direction (antique pewter or cool brushed ss/chrome/some brushed nickels/satin nickel). Or you could set your stove apart and blend with the warm ss finish that seems to be on the refrig -- meaning brushed nickel faucet, and a light hw that is warm rather than cool (some brushed nickels).

If there are certain virtuals you want to remember, you can right-click on them and save them to file. Then you can plunk them into a word document or something to line them up together to compare. Better yet, if you can get a quality photo print, just print them out.

Comments (22)