SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

A dating game--a bedroom/guestroom

palimpsest
11 years ago

This is a bedroom/guest room in a client's house. The furniture is 1970s, the artwork is a mixed bag chosen for personal preference, and dates from the 1960s to the late 80s or early 90s (The Tutankhamen collectibles are dated 1989 on the bottom). The curtains and headboard are later. The chair that goes in the corner under the Tut stuff was being cleaned when the pictures were taken, I haven't seen the fabric on this since the mid 1990s.

I don't know that I would spend more money on this room in any significant amount. Ideally, the carpet would be replaced, and I don't like the silk curvy lampshades much. One is deteriorating, so that is an excuse for new ones.

I would like to move the mirror up onto the wall instead of on the dresser. (It's very heavy and the client was concerned about that)

I think it also needs some kind of towel rack /valet, since it is a guest room. Other than that I think money would be better spent elsewhere in the house. It's old fashioned but I don't know if that is a bad thing, necessarily. What is your opinion?

Comments (52)