SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mdrive

Questions for anyone who has used an Interior Designer

mdrive
11 years ago

Hi everyone...

I know this forum is FULL of extremely artistic and talented people who have the 'knack' of putting a room together...

I am not one of those people....

If I see a picture of a room, I can usually either eliminate it or lust after it quickly...which tells me I have rather defined tastes, but have no clue in how to begin to execute on design...

Which brings me to using an interior designer....I am really perplexed at HOW one finds a designer....I spent some time on Houzz looking at the work of designers in my area, and frankly I was not impressed at the portfolios...there is ONE designer whose work I admired, but these were obviously extremely high end homes...(talking million plus, obviously I have champagne taste on a beer budget)

I'm at this stage where I really do not want to purchase the furnishings I need without some help....yet going about finding professional help seems extremely random and difficult....

I went to the ASID website looking for even a 'list' of designers in my area, and it was a joke (just a miserable website)

So my question to those who have used professional services (and even those who chose not to) is HOW does one go about deciding if and how one goes about finding design help...

thank you to all....this is a fantastic forum

Comments (14)